Wednesday 23 November 2016

Critical reflection on developing communication skills:



The entire communication course has been a meaningful journey and it has taught me several skills which I will be needed in the near future. Over the duration of the course, our instructor Brad, had guided us through many coursework, from paraphrasing to citations and report writing which benefited us greatly. I definitely had a wonderful and enjoyable time learning with my peers, and improving our bond through communication. I felt that this is one of the module which I benefited most from. This module has given me the opportunity to develop my writing skills, in addition to learning how communication skills can benefit me. Moreover, it had improved my knowledge on presentation skills, such as Monroe persuasive speech and Garr Reynolds presentation tips. There are other written skills which I had learned along the way, such as the seven C’s in communication. However, there are much more areas of improvement which I will need to work on, such as my grammar and sentence structure, in addition to expanding my vocabulary knowledge. Communication skills does not stop here once this course is over in fact, it is just the beginning of the end and there are much more to be learned as we continue using communication skills to enhance our development. This course had taught me the importance of communication and prepared me for the near future. All in all, it had been a great learning journey with my peers and instructor. 

Commented on:
Jerry's critical reflection on  9 December 2016
Derrick's critical reflection on  9 December 2016 
Ike's critical reflection on 9 December 2016 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Chris, for this concise reflection summarizing some of the key module takeaways and your feelings about those. I'm glad you appreciated doing the presentation component and that you appreciate all the bonding in particular. For the presentation, I have to say I was very impressed by your demeanor and command of the topic during the presentation showcase. It's heartening to know that you found value in the presentation tips you read about: Your learning for that skill area certainly came through.

    All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your guidance throughout this module. I learned a lot about communication and other relevant skills required now and in the near future. It has been a pleasure to be taught by you.

      Chris

      Delete
  2. I too share the same thoughts as you for this course. I believe that we have definitely benefited a lot through this course and going through this course now at the start of our University study journey has been an add on advantage as it provides an more chances to make improvements to our communication skills as we progress in our study journey and beyond.

    ReplyDelete